Last year, nearly 30 students in our program were recipients of KC Scholars awards. This year, we look forward to supporting more students as they seek up to $50,000 toward their educational goals. Do you know a freshman or sophomore currently attending high school in Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools or Turner USD #202? Encourage them to apply!
Each program year, Senior Leaders in the 20/20 Leadership program may be eligible to apply for scholarships offered through 20/20 Leadership. The scholarships include the $10,000 Royals Charities Scholarship (five recipients per year), the $500 20/20 Leadership Alumni Scholarship (one male and one female recipient per year), the $1,000 Gene Denton Scholarship (one recipient per year), and the $1,000 Nita’s Great Achiever Scholarship (six recipients per year).
Royals Charities Scholarship
The KC Royals Charities Scholarship is a $10,000 award presented to five students. The amount is spread over four years and awarded to students based on a number of criteria. Winners must attend an accredited college, university or technical school in the states of Kansas or Missouri. Since 2012, the Kansas City Royals and Royals Charities have partnered with 20/20 Leadership to award $400,000 to 40 students who have worked hard to leave a legacy within their schools and communities.
- Student must be a Senior Leader in the 20/20 Leadership program.
- Student must attend at least 51% of Junior program days and show active Senior program day participation.
- Student must be an active participant in the 20/20 Olympics process as a Junior Leader.
- Student cannot be a KC Scholar award recipient.
- Student must plan to attend a college, university, or technical school in the states of Kansas or Missouri.
- Student must provide a recent transcript.
- Student must provide a community involvement form (see link below).
- Student must provide a letter of recommendation.
- Student must provide a student financial aid report.
Please see the following links for the application, scholarship descriptions, essay requirements, forms, and instructions.
Ready to apply?
Apply now with our online application. Application deadline is January 19, 2020
20/20 Leadership Alumni Scholarship
The Alumni Scholarship, started by 20/20 Leadership Alumni in 2005, is awarded to one male and one female student each year. The one-time award for each student is $500.
Gene Denton Memorial Scholarship
The Gene Denton Memorial Scholarship is a one-time, $1000 award presented to a student pursuing a career in public service. Gene Denton served as administrator for Johnson County, Kansas, and he was a great supporter of 20/20 Leadership. This award honors his legacy by supporting a student interested in a career in public service.
Nita’s Great Achiever Scholarship
The Nita’s great achiever Scholarship is a one-time award of $1,000 to six 20/20 Leadership students or program alumni. This scholarship fund was established in 2016 by Dave and Sally Dannov in honor of Nita Dannov, a former teacher and avid supporter of education.